Study Medicine Overseas
Study Medicine Overseas
Medicine is a vocational degree which allows you to develop the practical and clinical capabilities specific to medicine as well as the professional and personal attribute necessary to be a doctor. There are over 60 specialist areas of medicine. People, who aim to have a career in medicine, will acknowledge a path full of challenges, lifetime opportunities, destinies and hopes. Intending student wanting to pursue a career in medicine will need to build a strong foundation in the sciences and intellectual skills in a number of other areas as an undergraduate student. You should plan your college education with the goal of building a diverse set of skills, and select a major that challenges and interests you.
Gaining admission to medical school requires the development of a sharp scientific mind, good interpersonal sensibility, and extraordinary dedication. Many students start college with an initial attraction to the idea of becoming a doctor, but once in college taking demanding science coursework some find that it may not be the best fit for them. There are many degree programs leading to fulfilling careers in the health professions that have less competitive admission requirements, require less rigorous coursework, and can be completed in a shorter period of time and at less expense than a medical school program.
Choosing a medical specialty is one of the most significant decisions a medical student will make. And residency positions are increasingly competitive. Careers in Medicine are designed to help medical students choose a specialty and residency program, successfully land a residency position, and plan their physician career.
Upon graduating from the medical college, you are open to wide range of opportunities and positions in the Health Care Sector. After the completion of a medical degree, there are a variety of opportunities open to graduants, these could include;
• A consultant post
• A medical post within the health and safety executive (medical inspector)
• A post in medical industry
• A medical post overseas
• An academic position in a university
Be that as it may, do not necessarily need to see yourself as a future pediatrist or surgeon, you have six years to decide what exactly you are interested in.
Here are some of our Partner Institutes Offering Medicine:
University of Nicosia, Nicosia, Cyprus – BSc Doctor of Medicine – 6 Years;
- In 2011, the University of Nicosia established the first Medical School in Cyprus, and launched the Graduate Entry 4-Year MBBS Programme (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery), the first Medical Programme in Cyprus, in collaboration with St. George’s, University of London, one of the leading medical schools in the UK. Students successfully completing the programme were awarded the St. George’s MBBS (Bachelor in Medicine and Bachelor in Surgery).
- In 2014, the University of Nicosia Medical School launched the 6-Year Undergraduate Entry Medical Programme.
- The University is actively involved in European and local research projects as a partner and as a coordinating institution. Additionally, the University of Nicosia received approval for an Erasmus University Charter and is an official participant in the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS).
University of Central Lancashire, Preston, United Kingdom – BSc Medicine and Bachelors of Surgery – 5 Years [BSc Medical Sciences – 3 Years Also available]
- UCLan’s School of Medicine and Dentistry provides a growing portfolio of flexible, postgraduate degrees, along with the graduate entry Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) programme and a number of courses designed for dental care professionals.
- The School offers the Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) degree. Tis is a 5 year programme which offer a standard entry pathway and a graduate entry pathway. Applicants to the graduate entry pathway must demonstrate that their prior formal qualifications have covered the relevant biomedical subjects, which will allow direct entry to Year 2 of the course (2nd BDS). On the graduate entry pathway students spend the first year (2nd BDS) on the Preston Campus and are subsequently based in one of the four North West Dental Education Centres (DECs), which are equipped with brand new state-of-the-art facilities, for their clinical experience.
Near East University, Nicosia, Cyprus – BSc Medicine – 6 Years;
- Today, with approximately 22 thousand students from 90 different countries, Near East University established in Nicosia, the capital of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, has earned a well-deserved international identity, offering high-standard educational opportunities with its qualified academic staff and its well-established infrastructure.
- Near East University is a full member of the European University Association (EUA), International Association of Universities (IAU) within the body of UNESCO, International Society for Engineering Education (IGIP), Joint Commission International (JCI), and the Federation of the Universities of the Islamic World (FUIW) as well as 118 national and international foundations and institutions.
Memorial University, Canada – MD, Doctor of Medicine – 4 Years;
- The Universities Faculty of Medicine includes the medical school, postgraduate residency training programs and graduate programs leading to a M.Sc., PhD or MD-PhD degree or to diplomas in Community Health, Clinical Epidemiology and Post-Secondary Studies (Health Professional Education). The Faculty of Medicine is located in the Health Sciences Centre on the northwest corner of the main campus.
- The Universities four-year undergraduate medical program provides a comprehensive and integrated medical education. Teaching methods are diverse, but there is an emphasis on small group teaching. The size of the faculty and the student body facilitate a personalized learning environment. An integrated approach to the field of medicine is encouraged by a non-departmental administration system based on three divisions: Community Health, BioMedical Sciences and the Clinical Sciences.
University of Westminster, London – BSc, Biomedical Sciences – 3 Years; BSc, Human and Medical Science – 3 Years; BSc, Pharmacology and Phsiology – 3 Years;
- The University of Westminster was founded as Britain\’s first polytechnic in 1838. Since then it has developed into a university that combines both metropolitan and cosmopolitan dimensions, and which is closely involved in business, professional and academic life within London, as well as overseas.
Brunel University, London – MSc Molecular Medicine – Medicine, Bioscience and Society MSc 1-year Course Duration;
- Brunel is a campus-based university situated in Uxbridge, West London, and is home to nearly 15,000 students from over 100 countries worldwide. Founded in 1966, the Universities distinctive mission is to combine teaching and research excellence with the practical and entrepreneurial approach pioneered by its namesake, Isambard Kingdom Brunel.
- Brunel graduates enjoy the 13th highest starting salaries in the UK, according to the recent Sunday Times Good University Guide. Their average salary of £22,323 is almost £3,000 more than the national average.
Debrecen University, Debrecen, Hungary – MD Medical Doctor – 6 Years – Full Time
- University of Debrecen is one of the biggest universities in Hungary. Degrees earned at UniDeb is accepted worldwide
- the Debrecen Medical School is accredited by the World Health Organization, The State Education Department (NY, USA), Medical Board of California, the General Medicine Council, UK (for more details pls check http://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/plab.asp#1), Medical Councils of Israel, Ireland, Iran and Norway to name a few.
- Medical and health-related education has particularly strong foundations within the University of Debrecen. The Medical School has one of the largest hospitals in Hungary with 18 clinical departments and more than 1,800 beds. Our Medical School is not only the best equipped institution in the area, but also represents the most important health care facility for day-to-day medical care in our region.
Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China, MBBS – 6 Year – Full Time
- With extensive experience of studying or doing research abroad, most educators at HMU hold doctorates or the highest possible degree in their field of study. They are involved in the Medical Education Reform at HMU and familiar with the up-to-date educational ideas including PBL(Problem-based Learning) and course integration.
Vilnius University, Vilnius, Lithuania – MD Medical Doctor – 6 Years – Full time
Vilnius University seeks to create, accumulate and disseminate knowledge by ensuring continuity of authentic university culture distinguished by the atmosphere where old traditions and new ideas enrich each other. Here are some of Vilnius University advantages;
- Ensuring the quality of studies students are taught in small groups (8-10 students per group)
- Academic programme incorporates the classical teaching model in order to develop a firm foundation in basic science before entering the clinical field
- A unique opportunity to practice in one of the six largest Lithuanian hospitals and benefit from early interaction with patients through visits to general practices and Integrated internship
Medical university of Varna, Bulgaria – Medicine – 6 Years;
- Medicine Varna medical university is one of well-known medical university in Bulgaria and beyond. Medical university of Varna has English (medicine, density) and Bulgaria programs. It was established as higher medical institute by decree no 414 of the presidium of the national assembly of republic of Bulgaria from 12.11.1960
- Varna medical university is a state medical university and is accredited by the national agency for evaluation and accreditation at the council of ministries in execution of the law on higher education in republic of Bulgaria. All diplomas are recognized in all European Union countries, European economic area countries and beyond.
- Medical students at Varna medical university have the opportunity to participate in educational exchange programs abroad. Varna medical university has a safe and great location of the university campus wonderful accessibility. Varna medical university has a good value living conditions and sea capital advantages.
Please be informed that the list above only includes some of our partner institutes offering Medicine or Medical related courses.
Everyday our Educational Consultants help and guide prospective students in making the right Study Abroad choices or decisions. From Picking a Country, Picking a Course, Successful Admission Application and Placement, Visa and Travel Support, we do it all.
Call us today on +2347043436042, or simply fill out our Online Study Abroad Applications Form to begin your study abroad journey Today” color=”custom” bg_color=”#39a0ef” text_color=”#f7f7f7″ controls=”bottom” btn_link=”url:http%3A%2F%2Fimperialedservices.com%2Fstudy-abroad%2F|title:Study%20Abroad|” btn_label=”Study Abroad” second_button=”1″ btn2_link=”url:http%3A%2F%2Fimperialedservices.com%2Fstudy-abroad%2Fapplication-form%2F|title:study%20abroad%20application%20form|” btn2_label=”Apply Online” btn_style=”outlined” btn_color=”lime” btn2_style=”outlined” btn2_color=”red”]